April 26, 2017 | Meydenbauer Center | Bellevue, WA
Power of Play 2017 -- Celebrating 10 Years of Video Game Industry Innovation!
Car Tax Disc Holders
From the biggest companies like Xbox, Bungie, and Blizzard to the best of the indies
like Oxenfree, Darkest Dungeon, and Mages of Mystralia,
all were at Power of Play 2017 sharing, learning and celebrating
- Community – Bungie and Darkest Dungeon shared tips and tricks for engaging your community, avoiding pitfalls, along with strategies to maximize your influencers
- VR/AR – This year, one track was dedicated to immersive entertainment content. Attendees learned how motion controllers are changing VR, along with the latest in VR/AR tech, and insights on how and when to start thinking about developing for this platform
- Postmortems! – Makers of some of your favorite games Oxenfree, Mages of Mystralia, and Rec Room shared a peek behind the scenes
- Things you need to know – Running a new game company requires you to quickly learn many skills. Where do you start? What pitfalls do you need to avoid? This year's sessions and roundtables covered critical issues to know: App Store Optimization, IP Management, Money management, People management, and more.
- Game Competition and Showcase – Attendees were able to test-run 25+ demos of the newest indie games and watch eight finalists compete for the Seattle Indie Game Competition Crown and Prizes
- Industry Party – Need we say more?
- Thank you so much to everyone who participated. We hope you had as much fun as we did and look forward to seeing you in 2018. Email [email protected] if you're interested in speaking, sponsoring, demoing or volunteering.
POWER OF PLAY 2017
- 400+ Industry Professionals
- 100+ Companies
- 20+ Sessions, Post Mortems, Panels and more
- 40+ Speakers
- 1 Great Party!
- Jam-Packed Day with amazing content and Indie Expo
- Speakers on Industry Trends, VR, Platforms
- Roundtables featuring talks on PR, Team Culture
- Panel of experts discuss Streaming, VR, and Community
- Exclusive Industry Award Show and Reception
PANEL SPEAKERSOur speakers included some of the biggest names in the industry.
- Learn about Immersive Narrative from Telltale Games
- Listen to Bungie talk about Community
- Watch Oculus, Rec Room, and Hasbro talk about VR
- Hear from Xbox, Her Interactive, Hidden Path, Spry Fox, Facebook and more